HISTORICAL PLACE

Toktogul Street

Choose a historical period

Улица Токтогула
FRUNZEУлица Токтогула
Source and rightshttps://bimap.su/

HISTORICAL PLACE

Toktogul Street

Photo from 1951 Toktogul Street stretches from east to west from the river. Alamedin to st. Fuchika. In the past it was called Gryaznovskaya - after the name of the Pishpek district chief. In 1924 the street was named after Demyan Bedny, a Soviet poet, and in 1938 it was named after the great Kyrgyz people's akyn-democrat, one of the founders of Kyrgyz Soviet literature, Toktogul Satylganov (1864-1933). Until the early 30s, the street consisted of low one-story houses, but only later two-story houses began to appear. Two three-story residential buildings on the corner of the street. Dzerzhinsky - was erected before the war. In the first years after World War II, the construction of two-story houses continued. In the 60s, three-, four- and five-story buildings for various purposes were built. Among them are the Ministry of Construction, the four-story building of the Republican Traffic Inspectorate and the city department of internal affairs, and the three-story building of the Central State Archives. On the territory of the hospital campus, between the street. Togoloka Moldo and Logvinenko, in 1979. The building of the Cardiology Center was put into operation. On Toktogul Street there is the Osh Market.