HISTORICAL PLACE

Library named after Chernyshevsky

Choose a historical period

Пишпекское городское училище
PISHPEKПишпекское городское училище
Source and rightshttps://bimap.su/

HISTORICAL PLACE

Library named after Chernyshevsky

1906. The city school in Pishpek began operating in 1892 as a men's parish school and, for example, in 1903, 216 people studied there. It was located in a specially built building on the corner of Tashkent and Vasilyevskaya streets. The school operated on a six-year program. The manager was Konstantin Florovich Svirchevsky. In 1906, a new building was built for the Pishpek City School on the corner of Boulevard and Uezdnaya, first one, and then a second. Between the buildings there was a platform with a bell for signaling an hour and a half before the start of classes, for those students who lived far away and did not have a clock. The “big break” was really long - an hour and a half - the students had time to have lunch “at home” or in a Dungan noodle shop for two kopecks. Russian and Kyrgyz boys studied at the school, and from 1911 girls began to be admitted here as well. For many years, Maslennikov was in charge of the school; when, after the revolution of 1917, the third Pishpek Soviet school was located here, it was popularly called Maslennikov’s school, after its long-time director and teacher. For many years, these buildings housed the State Library named after. Chernyshevsky.