HISTORICAL PLACE
School No. 4
Choose a historical period

PISHPEK
Pishpek men's gymnasium
Pishpek men's gymnasium, on the south-eastern corner of Vasilyevskaya and Tashkentskaya streets In 1912, a men's gymnasium was opened on the basis of a Russian-native boarding school (Vasilievskaya-Tashkentskaya). In the summer, director Andrei Vasilyevich Jungmeister arrived from Odessa. With him came clerk Prokopiy Avtonomovich Dyachenko, preparatory class teacher Vasily Ivanovich Voronkevich, mathematicians Viktor Vasilyevich Matkovsky, and a teacher of geography and natural history, Konstantin Petrovich Studentsov, was sent from the resettlement department. One preparatory class and two first classes started working. They equipped a gymnasium, a library, a physics room, and a drawing class. The grand opening of the gymnasium took place on December 26, 1912 in the presence of the military governor Folbaum, district authorities, city and district nobility. After Jungmeister, Nikolai Nikolaevich Ivanovsky became the director of the gymnasium. Among the first teachers were Alexander Mikhailovich Tikhomirov (literature), Badzian (Russian language and literature), August Denisovich Erm (German), Valentina Platonovna Augustovskaya (French). Among the teachers, it should be noted the teacher Odintsov, who later worked at the parish school on Boulevard, Alexandra Apollonovna Ivanova, who later worked at Odintsov’s school, Savva Nikiforovich Lozovykh - the founder of the local history society in Pishpek, Vladimir Evgrafovich Zasukhin - a teacher of Russian language and bookbinding, Georgy Lyudvigovich Okulich-Kazarin - a teacher of mathematics, physics and German language... Many names are undeservedly forgotten and lost in time.
Source and rightshttps://bimap.su/description/pishpek/32_Gimnazia.txtФотографии и материалы принадлежат их авторам; лицензия не указанаBIMAPФотографии и материалы принадлежат их авторам; лицензия не указана

FRUNZE
School No. 4
School No. 4, 1930s In 1927-28, 15 schools operated in Frunze. 7th year school No. 4. It was located in the building of the former Pishpek men's gymnasium on Lenin Street.
Source and rightshttps://bimap.su/description/frunze/199_Shkola_30g.txtФотографии и материалы принадлежат их авторам; лицензия не указанаBIMAPФотографии и материалы принадлежат их авторам; лицензия не указана
B
No information found yet
This section remains open for further archival research.