HISTORICAL PLACE

Seraphim Church

Choose a historical period

PISHPEK

Seraphim Church

 Seraphim Church. Built in 1906, the Temple of Seraphim of Sarov was built on the western outskirts of Pishpek for two years. The church was the tallest and most beautiful building in the city. Its dome and bell tower, crowned with crosses, were visible from afar. In plan, the building had the shape of a cross, along the longitudinal axis of which rose the tents of a wide dome and a bell tower with seven bells. The two-tier bell tower, consisting of two figures of eight, placed on a square base, as if exposed to light, shone through the through openings of the oval windows. The smooth walls of the building were decorated with cornice belts, elegant kokoshniks and arched window openings, the spectacular effect of which was enhanced by the figured interlacing of frames in the form of crosses. Many rounded shapes added lightness to the monumental composition. The temple was built at the expense of parishioners by local craftsmen - masons and carpenters. The rector Alexander Nikolsky created an extensive library at the church.
Source and rightshttps://bimap.su/description/pishpek/25_Church.txtФотографии и материалы принадлежат их авторам; лицензия не указанаBIMAPФотографии и материалы принадлежат их авторам; лицензия не указана